Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My 1st week at the Aveda Institute!!



Hi guys!! I am happy to report I have completed my first week at Aveda!! =D I absolutely love love love it! I am enrolled in the Esthiology program or "skin school" as I've heard my instructor say many times. It's an eighteen week program focusing on skin care. Classes are Tuesday through Saturday from 9-5:30. The days sound long but trust me once you're locked in a classroom full entertaining personalities, the time flies! It's so easy to get caught up in the curriculum so you don't notice the fact that you're in class on a Saturday and the bright side is you can run errands and shop on Monday with out dealing with crowds and traffic.

So you might be asking what this rebel did during the first week. Well, the first two days were orientation. We got to know more about Aveda as a brand and what they support. They gave us shirts, books, book bags and name tags. I was really looking forward to getting the student kit, but they save those for when you are ready to start working on the floor. Total disappointment for this little product junkie! On day three we began class. Let me just say that I really underestimated this program!!! I, like most people, thought that you just go to class, read some chapters and play with products and make up. Boy was I wrong!  The classes get pretty deep in information and a few hours of studying are required each night. The interactive activities during class are refreshing breaks from taking notes. 

Week 1 topics:
~Tips for a healthy mind and body
~ Communication skills
~Human Relations
~Some anatomy

All in all I can tell the next 17 weeks are going to be awesome! I will come back periodically to let you know about my progress!

Thanks for reading!!!

XOXO
Rebel Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment